IIDA membership supports design professionals, industry affiliates, educators, students, firms and their clients through our network of 15,000+ members across 58 countries.
IIDA understands that Membership is personal, meaningful and shapes you as an individual and practitioner throughout your career, adapting with your needs. IIDA advances the profession of Interior Design through the progressive cultivation of innovative leadership and by constantly advocating for exceptional design. We work with you and for you to shape your future in design.
Why IIDA Membership?
CONNECT: collaborate in a social, non-competitive environment of creative energy with local professionals
ADVOCATE: do your part to support the advancement of the interior design profession
LEAD: take advantage of leadership opportunities in your City Center
LEARN: attend events and get resources to develop your professional career
- Free and discounted tickets, along with early access to register for Chapter Events
- Eligibility for test fee reimbursement for NCIDQ and LEED exam
- Access to IIDA’s online membership directory
- Access to the IIDA Knowledge Center for research
- Complementary subscriptions to leading magazines such as Contract, Interiors & Sources, HD Boutique, and IIDA’s Perspective
- Eligibility to apply for local awards celebrating excellence of design
- Be the first to know about career opportunities in your area + access to IIDA Career Center
- Get resources on how you can be an advocate for the interior design profession in your state
- Professional development in the form of CEU’s and forums
- Networking opportunities through events and committees
Latest Membership News
When you join IIDA by December 31, we’ll waive your
Being part of IIDA has helped push my professional career in a direction I never thought was possible. In the 6 years of membership, IIDA has helped to grow my professional network across a multitude of states, provided an ever growing list of leadership skills, and has allowed me to give back to the community at large.
IIDA, Associate Member
Which Membership is Right for You?
Professional Interior Designer
An interior designer that has passed the NCIDQ exam
An interior designer that has a minimum of two years of formal interior design education, and are not yet NCIDQ-certified
A manufacturer or dealer/distributor of interior design products
A full-time instructor, department chair, or adjunct professor in a post-secondary program of interior design at any university or accredited school of interior design.
Any professional who is not practicing interior designers but makes interior design possible – lighting designers, photographers, workplace consultants, dealers/ distributors, and manufacturers of interior design products.
Students enrolled in an interior design program within the United States and abroad.
Active Interior Designer located outside of an area covered by an IIDA chapter