Update 1.16.18 This position has since been filled.
Job Listing: Senior Interior Designer – NAVFAC Midlant, Norfolk, VA
The Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC) Mid-Atlantic is currently recruiting Interior Designers with 15+ years of experience for civilian positions in the Hampton Roads, Virginia area.
NAVFAC designs, delivers, and maintains sustainable shore facilities for the Navy and Marine Corps throughout the mid-Atlantic, northeast and mid-west United States. The candidate will use technical expertise and a comprehensive understanding of building design to create functional interior environments which support the Navy and Marine Corps mission and the well-being of military personnel to include office, industrial, housing, health care and specialty environments.
- Collaborating with all disciplines on regional project teams to space plan and develop design and construction documentation
- Specifying interior building finishes and developing technical specifications
- Identifying Collateral Equipment needs and developing budgets for various facility types
- Preparing requests for proposals (RFPs)
- Construction administration support, i.e., reviewing shop drawings and construction submittals
- Providing design oversight to consulting architecture and engineering firms to ensure compliance with DoD and User facility requirements
- Coordinating and managing the development, bidding and Best Value Determination (BVD) processes for the procurement of project specific FF&E (Furniture, Fixture and Equipment) packages
Applicants must hold a professional degree in Interior Design from a CIDA accredited program and must possess an Interior Design License or NCIDQ certification.
Project work requires extensive travel for more than 24 hours by automobile or airline. The percentage of required travel is approximately 25 percent.
Knowledge and proficiency using computer aided design and drafting software is required. Revit experience is a plus.
NAVFAC offers a rewarding career in the federal government with career-building, training, and professional development opportunities. The Department of the Navy provides competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package, and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested candidates should forward resumes directly to Christine McKinley at: firstname.lastname@example.org