Job Listing: Interior Designer Intern | Gresham, Smith & Partners | Richmond, VA
Share your passion. Fulfill your potential. At Gresham, Smith and Partners (GS&P), our people are the heart of our organization and it is through their talent, dedication and passion that we are able to accomplish extraordinary things on behalf of our clients and within our communities. And, we are committed to providing our employees a workplace that supports continued professional growth and opportunity within a culture that values a sense of belonging and community. Just imagine the excitement and satisfaction of what you can do, where you can go and the difference you can make with the right resources behind you. Sound good? Keep reading.
GS&P is seeking a talented entry-level Interior Design Intern with “mad skills” using REVIT and with rendering experience preferably in the aviation or healthcare design industry.
The successful candidate should be able to:
- Perform elementary interior design assignments and work from designs of others.
- Support senior designers by performing specific and limited portions of their more broad assignments.
- Compile data, perform design computations and prepare plans and renderings.
- Maintain library, create finish boards, order samples, develop furniture specifications and furniture specification books, create final project finish record books, meet with sales representatives and create renderings.
- Assist in project finish and color selection, interior spatial design and document coordination from schematic design through construction documents.
- Compile construction documents such as material specifications, furniture specifications, millwork and interior detailing.
- Coordinate drawings with other disciplines.
- Assist with internal furniture and space planning.
- 5 -year Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree in Interior Design or Architecture.
- Minimum of 2 years interior design and document production duties required.
- Strongly prefer 2+ years’ experience in Virginia.
- Design experience in aviation or healthcare interior design is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience using AutoCAD, REVIT, Adobe InDesign, CS6, SketchUp, and PhotoShop software.
- Must have excellent rendering skills, emerging design talent and have worked in an office environment.
* You must include a portfolio of work samples along with a resume/CV in your online application.
About : Gresham, Smith and Partners provides design and consulting solutions for the built environment that contribute to the success of national and international clients. For 50 years, GS&P has focused on enhancing quality of life and sustainability within communities. GS&P consists of industry-leading professionals practicing architecture and engineering design as well as scientists and highly specialized planning and strategic consultants in Aviation, Corporate and Urban Design, Environmental Services, Federal, Healthcare, Industrial, Land Planning, Transportation and Water Resources. GS&P consistently ranks among the top architecture and engineering firms in the United States. For more information regarding GS&P, visit www.greshamsmith.com.
Gresham, Smith and Partners is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.