At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our ‘About Us’ video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Interior Designer, we’ll count on you to:• Take responsibility for interior design for projects
• Develop functional requirements and project design complexities
• Demonstrate substantial knowledge of interior design and planning principles, building and planning code requirements, specification preparation and organization, construction costs and methods, and contract preparation and negotiation
• Demonstrate experience in selecting interior details, materials, color selections, furniture and furnishings selections, lighting design, space planning, and detailing
• Take responsibility for assignments with specified objectives that require investigation of many alternatives
• Work with clients on projects of any size
• Direct work efforts of others, develop detailed design concepts, produce contract documents, interpret ordinances and interpret client needs
• Write specifications covering interior design matters, and perform code reviews
• Coordinate work with other disciplines
• Assist other Interior Designers or Technicians, and work in all phases of the interior design process
• Perform other duties as needed
• Bachelor’s degree in Interior Architecture or Interior Design
• 7+ years experience in healthcare, EST, or Federal projects
• May require NCIDQ exam, ID certificate or license in state where
• Knowledge of AutoCAD and Photoshop
• Strong oral and written communication skills and experience working on large project teams
• Proficiency with and experience using Revit and Microsoft Office to include Project Schedule
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.