Job Listing: Interior Design Coordinator, HDR – Glen Allen, VA (147813)
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our ‘About Us’ video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Interior Design Coordinator, we’ll count on you to:• Assist Senior Interior Designers with evaluations, selections and applications for interior design concepts
• Work under broad, general supervision
• Require basic knowledge of programming and functional analysis as well as knowledge of space planning principles
• Apply design principles in development and preparation of presentation drawings
• Knowledge of interior code requirements, electrical/HVAC systems and construction administration procedures.
• Demonstrate experience with the following: construction documentation, interior detailing, selection of color palettes/materials and furniture.
• Perform other duties as needed
• 2+ years experience preferably in healthcare and commercial interior design
• Proficient in Revit, Adobe Suite, Indesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
• Skilled in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project) and 3D rendering software
• An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
Preferred Qualifications• Desire to pursue growth opportunities and obtain registrationWhy HDRAt HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way. Apply online.