Job Listing: Healthcare Interior Designer | HKS | Richmond, VA
HKS is a team of more than 1,400 architects, interior designers, urban designers, scientists, artists, anthropologists and other professionals working together across industries and across the globe to create places that delight, heal and stimulate peak performance. We have nurtured a culture of extraordinary people with curious and creative minds who are passionate about delivering elegant solutions that solve our clients’ challenges. Our research teams dig deep to discover processes and ideas that improve outcomes–then they share them freely for everyone’s benefit. In all we do, we are mindful of the fragility of all life and of the planet.
Our HKS Richmond office is currently looking for a Healthcare Senior Interior Designer, with a passionate and enthusiastic outlook on his/her career.
Our energetic office is located in the Historical Tobacco Row district of downtown, also known as Shockoe Bottom. For almost 25 years our office has been servicing Healthcare, Sports, Education, and Mixed-Use sector clientele throughout the Mid-Atlantic Region of the US, and very successful in celebrating national and regional design awards.
- Develops interiors concepts based on client vision, desire and architectural concept.
- Works with Director, Interior designer and architectural team in the selection and specification of Interior finishes, furniture and art for projects.
- Prepares detailed working drawings, designs, plans, models and schemes.
- Maintains extensive knowledge of products and materials specific to healthcare.
- Collaborates with the Director of Healthcare Interiors on cost estimates for design proposals.
- Assists in Interior Design Project Management.
- Demonstrates strong design skills – creative thinker/designer.
- Develops the interior design endeavors with a keen understanding of the integrated holistic design process.
- Serves as the daily point of contact as a Project Designer for coordination; communicating and coordinating effectively with multiple disciplines in the design process.
- Handles big projects through all phases of the design and permitting process. Has successfully completed construction documents for projects of various sizes and scopes of the acute care healthcare setting.
- Has organizational skills to juggle multiple projects.
- Leads effective interior design presentations and when presenting/communicating to clients and colleagues.
- Mentors younger staff through the design and documentation process.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program or equivalent experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Registration or Licensure preferred.
- Has 8 – 15 years of experience including Project Design and Project Management.
- Proficient in current design software.
- Experience in Healthcare required.
- Proficient and well-versed in a variety of technological platforms including Revit, Adobe photoshop, Adobe Indesign, and 3D platforms.
- Healthcare Interior experience preferred.