Job Listing: Design Drafter/CAD Manager | Muse Design, Inc. | Virginia Beach, VA:
Interior Design Firm specializing in the Hospitality Industry is seeking a dynamic individual to join our Interior Drafting & Design Team as an Interior Design Drafter & CAD Manager.
Work directly with interior design team & trades to produce a complete set of Interior Design / Construction Drawings. Manage daily team operations to ensure drafters/designers are constantly on track to meet goals. Responsible for quality assurance processes throughout project to maintain accuracy.
- Read and interpret construction documents and specifications
- Produce drawings from sketches, existing drawings, and electronic images
- Revit production drafting and assistance for all interior design drawings to include, as-built conditions, demolition plans, floor plans, furniture/finish plans, reflected ceiling/decorative lighting plans, elevations, sections, details, and schedules
- Provide technical detailed drawing solutions to design concepts and properly coordinate with other consultant drawings
- Provide 3D renderings, including modeling of custom furniture families, for presentation and design development as required
- Review shop drawings and advise throughout the installation
- Manage and optimize throughput for the Interior Design team
- Manage daily team operations to ensure drafters/designers are constantly on track to meet goals
- Implement quality assurance on all CAD models and documentation are accurately produced, stored, transmitted, and plotted with the least amount of error/rework humanly possible
- 3 years plus of professional experience in interior design and/or architectural work. Hospitality experience preferred but not required
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Revit
- Experience with 3D modeling & rendering (SketchUp, 3Ds Max & Shaderlight) a plus
- Knowledgeable with Design and Construction materials and methods with a strong ability to convey that knowledge through detailed drawings
- Knowledgeable with standard practice ID and architectural drawing sets
- Effectively manage multiple projects concurrently and prioritize tasks and projects within the design team
- Strong ability to work on multiple projects and varying degrees of complexity at one time
- Organized, self-motivated, and detail oriented individual
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to follow direction and communicate effectively within a collaborative studio environment
This is a full-time position located in Virginia Beach, VA. If you feel you possess the above abilities, please forward your resume, sample portfolio, and compensation requirements to Jennifer Woodling.