Date: January 25, 2017
Time: 12:00 PM
Location: Workplace Solutions
317 Village Drive, Suite 103
Virginia Beach, VA 23434
DESIGNING WITH MUSHROOM MATERIAL TECHNOLOGY
When you think of mushrooms, you are most likely thinking about the edible kind. Who doesn’t like a good Shiitake mushroom soup? What if I told you mushrooms could be used for packaging or even as a replacement for engineered wood and it can do so without the use of glues, resins, harmful chemicals or off-gassing. Find out how and where you could incorporate this innovative material into an interior design or architectural project.
1. Explain the current state of mushroom material technology applications and its value proposition.
2. Explain how this natural bio-based resin can utilize agricultural waste and wood fibers to replace formaldehyde based particle board or plywood materials.
3. Explain the environmental, sustainability and human health benefits of mushroom material technology.
4. Understand mushroom material technology and how it can be incorporated into interior design, acoustics, and innovative applications.
IDCEC APPROVED – CEU-105298
• IDCEC “Health Safety Welfare (HSW) Sustainability” Designation
– Classification Code 2
– Interior Design / Sub-code 12
– Sustainable and/or Environmental Design
• IDCEC Credit – 1 hour
• GBCI Approved – 0920008008
• GBCI Credit – 1 hour
Registration closes January 20th
For additional information, please contact:
Kelley Davis, VP of Student Outreach
DavisKe@gunlocke.comThank you to our event sponsors: