IIDA is a professional non-profit association with members holding the highest qualifications in the profession and representing all specialties of interior design. With an international membership of 10,000, IIDA exists to enhance the quality of life through excellence in interior design and to advance the profession through knowledge. Membership in IIDA connects you with the interior design community. The information resources, networking opportunities, and legislative and consumer advocacy provide you with a vital link to an ever-expanding global arena.
- Professional Interior Designer: Passed the NCIDQ, fulfilled IIDA’s requirements for education and experience, use of appellation: Name, IIDA
- Professional Architect: Passed the ARE, actively engaged in the profession of Interior Design
- Associate: Fulfilled IIDA’s requirements for education and experience, has not passed the NCIDQ, may use appellation: Name, Assoc. IIDA
- Educator: Full-time educator or department chair
- Student: Individuals enrolled in an interior design program in the United States and abroad.
- Affiliate: Actively engaged in a field other than Interior Design such as landscape architecture, lighting design, or architectural photography
- International: Active Interior Designer located outside of an area covered by an IIDA chapter
- International Design School: International Interior Design schools at the college/university level
- Industry: Industry Members may include corporations or individuals that are suppliers of goods or services.
For additional information about membership, visit the IIDA Headquarters Membership web page.
Interested in joining? Click on the appropriate membership option link above and apply online or download the application to fill out and mail in. Or contact our Vice President of Membership, Tom Rockwell at email@example.com to receive an application form by mail.