Job Listing: Sr Interior Designer, Hospitality at Baskervill – Richmond, VA Job#HI-L33
From creating spaces of luxury and elegance to whimsical flights of the imagination, Baskervill’s hospitality studio has been dubbed a giant of the hospitality industry by both Interior Design and Hotel Design magazine. While the accolades are great, what we’re really passionate about is designing memorable guest experiences that reflect the unique brand of each client to travelers from around the world. Our work sends us across the country and beyond for projects with major hoteliers and boutique clients, and includes brands like AC Hotels, Moxy, Curio, Autograph, and many more.
And we need an innovative, take-charge professional to help keep our design teams sharp, inventive, and cutting-edge. That’s why we’re looking for a senior interior designer to join our Richmond office. We’re looking for someone who loves getting the work done and done well: the creative work, the detailed work, the nitty-gritty work. Someone who’s ready to take their career to the next level—and ready to help grow others’ careers. Sound like you?
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Managing and coordinating a staff of junior interior designers, along with other support team members
- Overseeing the day-to-day communication between design teams and clients/consultants for multiple projects
- Finalizing design development and prepare construction documents
- Using Revit, AutoCAD, and SketchUP to develop and create project models and drawings
- Occasionally traveling overnight for client meetings, presentations, and site visits
And here’s what you’ve got to have:
- 7+ years of hospitality interior design experience is a must
- An energy and passion for inspiring, guiding, and mentoring a team of young designers
- Absurdly strong leadership skills; you aren’t afraid to say what needs to be said and do what needs to done
- An eagle’s eye for detail and a penchant for keeping things on track
- The ability to connect and communicate with a spectrum of personalities
- A Bachelor’s/Masters from a CIDA Accredited Professional Degree Program
- Revit experience required
- NCIDQ certified preferred
Salary will commensurate with experience
Please email resume and salary requirements. If you are disabled or otherwise unable to apply online please mail to: Job#HI-L33, Baskervill, PO Box 400, Richmond VA 23218.
Baskervill is an E/O/E/M/F/D/V and drug free environment.