Job Listing: Interior Designer | Moseley Architects | Virginia Beach, VA
Moseley Architects is currently seeking a full-time Interior Designer to be an integral member of our team in Virginia Beach, Virginia. The Interior Designer will be a creative and organized professional able to work well within Moseley’s multi-discipline design teams in addition to working well independently. Direct and successful interaction with public sector clients on higher education and civic projects is preferred.
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Four-year bachelor’s degree with a major in Interior Design from a CIDA accredited university.
- 5+ years professional design experience with commercial and/or institutional projects.
- Completed or interested in completing NCIDQ and LEED exams.
- Attend project team meetings and provide input on items that impact the functionality and aesthetic of the building’s interior.
- Enlarged Specialty Room Layouts
- Finish Schedule Development
- Casework Design and Drawings
- Interior Architectural Details
- Interior Elevations
- Specialty Lighting Design/Recommendations
- Floor Patterns
- Accent Wall/Ceiling Plans
- Finish Specifications
- Color Package: color selection, presentation boards, finish presentation, color schedule & binders, and site/field visits
- FF&E Packages: furniture space plans including office systems furniture, engineering coordination, furniture selection, furniture finishes, coordination with building’s interior, furniture contract documents (drawings, specifications & front-end bid documents), familiarity with state and national furniture contracts, bid analysis and purchase order release assistance, furniture installation coordination/supervision, and furniture punch
- Assimilation of color palettes
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and thrive in a deadline-driven environment
- Perseverance in thorough troubleshooting and creative problem-solving
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong graphic skills
- Knowledge of ADA and general code compliance
- Microsoft Office Suite
A valid, unrestricted driver’s license and driving record, as deemed acceptable by our firm’s liability insurance carrier, must be presented and maintained.
Competitive salary; health, life, short-term disability, long-term disability insurance; paid leave; 401(k) plan; and holidays. We also offer more than 70 in-house continuing education courses ranging from technical subjects to communication skills.
Through Moseley’s own in-house Moseley University program, employees are provided with a platform to learn additional skills that can assist with professional development and help pave the way for future advancement, while promoting the core values and attributes that make Moseley Architects unique in the marketplace.
Please submit your cover letter, targeted résumé, and references online or via mail at 3200 Norfolk Street, Richmond, VA 23230, Attn: Human Resources.