Job Listing: Interior Designer | Campfire & Co. | Richmond, VA
Campfire & Co. is looking for a talented and extremely creative interior designer.
WORKING WITH CAMPFIRE:
We are a small but tight-knit design agency that creates meaningful brand experiences for people, ideas, and events. We play in the disciplines of graphics, websites, and interiors for clients who value a collaborative design process.
We believe good design is strategic, clients should be empowered, and teamwork makes the dream work.
We love what we do and are looking for more passionate, excited, multi-talented, and fun people who want to contribute to a nimble team of designers. Working at Campfire requires flexibility, follow-through, and initiative as well as the desire to kick-back, enjoy the process, and have a good time.
THE ESSENTIAL DETAILS:
Campfire & Co.’s interior designer will participate in creating functionally beautiful and branded interior environments for our commercial clients. This person will be an experienced interior designer and have some familiarity with branding. The successful candidate will approach projects with a passion for problem solving, taking initiative, and communicating thoroughly. This role demands a multi-talented designer capable of managing small projects with minimal direction.
- To work on projects in all phases of design through construction and installment, including but not limited to: Schematic Design, 3D modeling, CAD drawings, FF&E sourcing, procurement and scheduling.
- Work collaboratively with team to create and present design ideas including CAD drawings, mood boards, FF&E, surface materials, color palettes, and lighting.
- Generate 3D models in SketchUp
- Generate construction drawings in CAD
- Provide design support and administration during completion and execution of design concepts
- Source and work with outside vendors to procure and coordinate all furniture, fixtures, & accessories.
- Manage multiple projects at once and communicate effectively with both clients and the team
REQUIREMENTS: ~ must haves to be considered
- 3+ years of Interior Design experience
- Degree in Interior Design or related field from an accredited school
- Proficient in AutoCAD, SketchUp, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experienced with graphic design principals ….
- Knowledge of furniture, finishes, materials, color selections, and specifications
- Knowledge of design requirements, construction methods and materials for commercial environments
- Great at follow through and communication
- Strong ability to multitask
- Comfortable working independently as well as with a team
- Reliable transportation and willing to travel
- Confident and ambitious
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Familiarity with Google Docs, Dropbox, Slack and Asana
- Familiarity with IVY software for interiors purchasing
- Experience designing signage and/or wayfinding
- Ability to help haul heavy samples and furniture items during presentations or installations
- Relaxed, casual, and supremely fun work environment
- A supportive and close-knit team of coworkers
- One month of paid vacation – two are your choice, two are company-wide time off (one week mid-summer and one week at the holidays)
- Health and dental insurance
- 12 weeks of parental leave
HOW TO APPLY:
If you meet the requirements listed above, please send an email to
Christie Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line Role – Your Name and include the following items:
– Your resume PDF, titled with your name
– A brief introduction letter sharing more about you, your experience, and why you’re a good fit for the role
– A link to portfolio, website, social media, etc. (as it applies to the role)