*Update 12.14.17 This position has been filled. Job Listing: Interior Design Graduate – Clark Nexsen, Virginia Beach, VA
Clark Nexsen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. AAP. Drug-free workplace. E-verify. Applicants must be legally authorized to work for Clark Nexsen, Inc.
Must apply online through corporate website at www.clarknexsen.com.
Clark Nexsen is a national architecture and engineering firm focused on creating innovative design solutions for U.S. and global clients. We are passionate about our work and are prominently ranked on numerous industry lists. Building Design + Construction ranks Clark Nexsen as a Top 20 architecture and engineering firm and we have been named to the Architect 50 list of top U.S. firms for the past four years. Our culture supports the pursuit of excellence to engage and inspire the best professionals.
Our firm is headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia, with 450 employees in office locations in Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, and Texas. We offer outstanding compensation, benefits, and growth opportunities in a positive work environment. We believe we can create a better world through our work. Giving back is also a guiding philosophy. As a company and as individuals, we proudly volunteer and give back to the surrounding communities where we live and work.
Generous benefits: Health, Dental, 401k, Short and Long term Disability, Vacation/Sick leave, Aflac, Flexible benefits, and Legal Resources benefits are available.
We seek to hire an Interior Design Graduate in our Virginia Beach, VA office who will perform interior design services on multi-discipline building design projects of moderate to large scope. The ideal candidate will have 2 to 6 years of experience.
General responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Preparation of programming documents, schematic documents, design development documents, and construction documents as directed
• Preparation of marketing and presentation materials as directed
• Performing various duties associated with the bidding process, including preparing addenda and
amendments, open and tabulate bids as directed
• Performing various duties associated with the construction phase, including field visits, answering RFIs, reviewing shop drawings, and preparing record drawings as directed
• Complying with quality control policies and procedures
• Learn and implement department and company standards
• Participating in team meetings and coordinating efforts with other team members
• Actively participate in education and mentoring programs
• Working with, responding to, and taking direction from Project managers, Design Managers and Senior Certified Interior Designers
Project responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Perform Certified Interior Designer tasks as directed
• Responsible for document organization and clarity
• Responsible for discipline drawing coordination
• Drafting of marked-up plans, partial plans, sections, details
• Completing sections and details produced to a schematic-level of completion by the Senior Certified Interior Designer
• Creating schematic-level plans and details for projects of moderate to high complexity
• Provide accurate 3-D modeling of building elements with the necessary level of detail using the required Building Information Modeling (BIM) software package, when BIM is a project requirement
• Develop design options for resolution of system conflicts
• Assist in preparation of discipline specifications
• Maintain design resource library
• Finish sample and department supply order placement
• Finish sample board/binder production
• Adhere to project budget and schedule
• Bachelor of Science or Arts in Interior Design from a 4-year CIDA accredited program, OR
• Bachelor’s degree plus a two-year CIDA-accredited Master’s degree in Interior Design
Licenses, Certifications, and Accreditations
• Eligible for and actively pursuing NCIDQ certification
• Understanding of sustainable design principles and design practices and pursuing LEED AP accreditation is desirable
• Additional certifications such as CDT, CCS, or CCCA are encouraged to reflect personal growth in the profession and an ever increasing knowledge base to enhance the design and documentation process
An Interior Design Graduate should be able to effectively utilize current company software programs for word processing, e-mail, and information management.
Working familiarity with design and production software to a point of being able to utilize the software in the development of project documents and interact with other project team members in their use of the software is highly desirable.
A graduate with up to six years of experience in interior design is desirable. Relevant experience in at least one previous interior design internship, as student, and have specific design experience is preferred.
• Ability to prepare effective and concise documents
• Possess technical precision and creative design skills
• Ability to make presentations to a variety of groups
• Have a client-oriented with a desire to provide outstanding professional services
• Be dedicated to his or her professional development as well as the success of colleagues and the firm as a whole
Selection will be based on your application, resume, and portfolio. In order to be considered, you will need to submit a portfolio with your application according to the following parameters:
• Single file in PDF format
• Maximum File Size:10 MB
• No page limits, provided that the file size restrictions are met
• Portfolios must be submitted electronically. We will NOT accept or consider hard copy portfolios.