Job Listing: Contract Furniture Representative – A & D Representative, NOVA/DC
Northern Virginia and part of the DC territory
Base + commission, based on experience. Benefits are available.
The primary function of this position is to generate new sales leads and service existing clients for the Northern Virginia & DC area through a targeted and specific outside marketing effort by calling on A&D firms, furniture dealerships, and end-users.
About the Company
Design Lines Inc. is focused rep group, representing multiple manufacturers within the architectural and design community. Our primary focus is in the commercial, healthcare, corporate and educational markets. We have been representing products in the DC, MD & VA territory since 1993.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research the market through all available resources to identify job prospects / leads.
- Visit leads in person to introduce products and services, as well as to uncover new projects.
- Plan educational events such as “lunch and learn” product introduction sessions with architectural, interior design firms, and furniture dealerships.
- Assess the client’s needs and provide general options / solutions.
- Position our products in the marketplace as a valuable and desirable resource.
- Attend professional association meetings for the purpose of keeping up with projects, developments, networking, and professional development.
- Participation in other after-hours tasks and functions such as dinner with a vendor, show-house event, or outside marketing events requiring an evening or weekend.
- Provide communication with management about leads, opportunities, developments, and state of the market.
- Follow up with clients to assess their satisfaction with the product, process, and service.
SKILLS & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Strong knowledge of commercial furniture industry
- General knowledge of basic computer programs such as MS Word, and the ability to learn various computer operating systems.
- Design, presentation and good sales skills in an outside marketing setting.
- Ability to network and research the market to uncover new leads, projects, and developments.
- Good team player with excellent interpersonal skills, positive attitude, and willingness to work with different members of the team to develop new clients and successfully close sales.
- Client / Customer Centered and focused
- Work independently and be able to self-generate a strategy for developing sales leads and new business.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously while being part of a team striving to achieve common goals.
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of people at different professional levels, with a high degree of professionalism and a service mentality.
- Helpful and friendly nature, with a strong focus on providing a superior level of customer service at all times.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills & ability to manage multiple projects and tasks concurrently.
- Ability to analyze complex client relationships and navigate multiple layers of influencers.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Base + commission. Benefits available
Required education: Bachelor’s
Required experience: Manufacturer’s Representation, Furniture Sales or Interior Design background: 3 years.
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org