Job Listing: Commercial Sales Consultant | MOI, Inc. | Virginia Beach, VA
The Sales Consultant is responsible for generating sales activity through the MOI business development cycle and the cultivation of relationships with end users and industry partners, from initial client interaction and project kick off to order entry, and project execution, and maintaining client relationships post-project. This position would have an emphasis on driving project opportunities for the Commercial market segment with end users, as well as developing stronger relationships networking with Commercial Real estate and the Architectural & Design Community. The area of responsibility would be Southside of Hampton Roads: including the cities of Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Portsmouth, Suffolk and Chesapeake.
- Identify and meet customer needs and maintain excellent after-sales relationships to generate further sales activity and profitability to MOI.
- Understand and promote the benefits and advantages of MOI’s solutions and services and prepare and execute these advantages to generate sales activity.
- Identify prospective clients and new target segment, and penetrate sales in that area or vertical market.
- Offer personalized services to clients, building lasting relationships based on trust, honesty and integrity.
- Partner with clients to discover the best solution to ensure their needs are fulfilled. Stay engaged with clients from sale to install and beyond.
- Create a wide customer base and provide individual attention to clients.
- Make sales and relationship calls to existing and potential clients; constantly seek opportunities to develop sales.
- Achieve established gross profitability target
- Educate clients on the best products that suit their needs and fit within the MOI brand.
- Prepare quotes and proposals to clients that are accurate and ready for order entry.
- Enter customer projects, leads, and other sales activity through the MOI Sales Forecast and/or CRM accurately and timely
- Collaborate with MOI service and operations departments to successfully fulfill a client’s objectives and project goals.
- Actively participate in networking activities, including networking with local associations, industry events, trade shows, and other forms of business development activity.
- Stay up to date with the trends within the marketplace, finding out the competitors, and reporting this knowledge to the MOI Sales and Marketing Teams.
- Understand and become educated on the latest innovation of manufacturer products and MOI services and solutions.
- Perform services that reflect the MOI brand and conform to the organization’s values of teamwork, ownership, and performance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal/customer service skills
- Ability to process computer data and to format and generate reports
- Proficient in office computer software use (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent time management skills
- Handle multiple projects with deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Project a professional demeanor as well as using tact when dealing with others
- Excellent organizational skills required
- Work Successfully in a team environment
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree and 3-5 years in an outside sales capacity, preferably in the contract furniture industry or within the commercial real estate industry, but not restricted to only that industry. Preferably already familiar and living in the area and the territory community.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
General office environment and sales calls in the territory. Work will require standing and walking for up to 75% of the time. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment or onsite with client meetings and installation. Standard office equipment available. This sales role is not a remote or telecommuting position. This position will be based and will work out of our MOI, Inc Virginia Beach Office in the Town Center area.
To apply or for more information click here.