TSRC, Inc (The Supply Room) is looking for an Interior Designer to join our growing Furniture and Interiors team in our Ashland, Virginia headquarters. The Interior Designer will be a creative and organized professional able to work well within our multi-discipline teams – in addition to working well independently – with the goal of providing our customers with the highest level of service.
- Consult with customer to identify space, furniture, and aesthetic wants and needs and translate that into a functional furniture and interiors design plan
- Travel with account managers and furniture sales specialists to customer sites to consult, measure and identify best solutions
- Provide space planning, specifications and customer ready quotes
- Collaborate with account managers, installers, and our furniture support team to resolve punch list issues quickly
- Cultivate relationships with the architectural and design community
- Two to five years of contract design experience developing furniture space plans including office systems furniture, furniture selection, furniture finishes, coordination with building’s interior, furniture contract documents (drawings & specifications), furniture installation coordination/supervision, and furniture punch
- Graduate of a four year program with a Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design or equivalent
- NCIQD and LEEDs Certification a plus
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Working knowledge of commercial office space planning
- Working knowledge of Auto Cad, GIZA, Cap Studio and 2020 Worksheet
- Assimilation of color palettes
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and thrive in a deadline-driven environment
- Perseverance in thorough troubleshooting and creative problem-solving
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong graphic skills
- Knowledge of ADA and general code compliance
- Able to continually learn and understand specifications for multiple manufacturers
The Supply Room provides office supplies, furniture, coffee and breakroom products, janitorial supplies, promotional products, and technology solutions to customers seeking customized workplace solutions and personalized service. We are the region’s largest independent office supply dealer with nine locations in Virginia and Maryland. A family-owned and operated company since 1951, TSRC, Inc. is dedicated to supporting our team members and the communities in which we serve.
Available benefits include: paid leave and holidays; medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage; short and long term disability coverage; 401k with a corporate match; and tuition reimbursement for career development courses.
Please contact Lauren Jones, President and CEO, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions and to apply.
TSRC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable, or limited in your ability, to use or access our online application system. To request accommodation, please contact Human Resources at (804) 412-1200.
TSRC, Inc. maintains a drug free workplace.