Come one, Give all!
IIDA is hosting a toy drive to benefit the temporary and permanent residents at CHKD Hospital, in Norfolk, VA and we need your help! We are accepting new toys, movies, games, and accessories from now through December 18th with a donation to take place Thursday 19 December in the evening. Please see below for a list of approved items. Your donation is greatly appreciated!
For additional information or to schedule a toy pick up or drop off, please reach out to IIDA VA/WV Director of City Centers, HR- Leslie Richerson via FB, IG, email or phone at:
Toy Safety Guidelines:
- All toys donated should be sturdy. We cannot accept toys made of glass or brittle plastic or that has sharp edges or protrusions. We cannot accept toys with detachable or removal parts which can be swallowed or inhaled by small children.
- All toys should be new. We cannot accept used or old toys or used stuffed animals due to our infection control policies.
- We cannot accept any toys and/or gifts that may include food/candy, candles, knives, razors, medicines or Latex balloons.
- We cannot accept toys or games that depict violence in any way. No guns, swords, or fighting figures will be accepted.
- We cannot accept any toys or books with religious messages or of a religious nature.
- Only new, non-toxic paint, glue or craft supplies can be accepted. Please do not wrap gifts. You may include a donation of gift bags if you would like.
Current specific needs:
- Coloring books-youth and adult (non-holiday and non-religious)
- Colored Pencils
- Craft/Tacky glue (not Elmers White glue)
- Wooden craft kits, individual or large packaged craft kits (beads, foam)
- Crayola paint and watercolor paint
- Crayola markers and window markers
- Crayola model magic
- Fabric paint and markers
- Paintbrushes (all sizes)
- Hasbro Play-doh
- Card stock paper
- Modge Podge
- Plain T-shirts/Capes (to decorate)
- Plastic Infant rattles/wrist rattles
- Plastic infant and toddler toys (ex. shape sorters, ring stacks, and light up-sound toys)
- Sanitizable (plastic/no cloth) crib mobiles and music toys
- Cause-Effect Toys
- Fisher Price Little People
- Board games/Electronic Board Games (ex. Monopoly, Guess Who)
- Hot Wheel/Matchbox/Remote Control cars
- Legos/Mega Blocks
- Card games: (Waterproof Uno, Phase 10, regular cards, etc.,)
- Little Action Figures
- Little Princesses
- Sanitizable (plastic/no cloth) baby dolls
- Barbie Dolls
- Wooden Magnetic Trains
- XBOX/Playstation Games (No T- rated)
- Rubiks Cubes
- Lap Desks
- Crosswords, Sudoku, Word Search
- Table top games (pool, air hockey, ping pong, etc.)
- Plastic medical/doctor kits (Fisher Price preferred)
- Bubbles (wedding size bubbles)
- Stress balls
- Balls for older kids (basketball, football, soccer ball, baseball, over-the-door basketball sets)
- Small pinwheels
- Birthday Bags
- Gift Cards (craft stores)
- Notebooks/Composition books
- Small Dry Erase boards