The International Interior Design Association (IIDA) is a professional networking and educational association of more than 10,000 members in 8 specialty Forums, 9 Regions, and more than 50 Chapters around the world committed to enhancing the quality of life through excellence in interior design and advancing interior design through knowledge.
IIDA Virginia/West Virginia Chapter Mission Statement
The IIDA VA/WV Chapter shall offer programs and activities that advance the profession of Interior Design, shall encourage knowledge, excellence and innovation in Interior Design practice and education, shall provide leadership and support to Chapter Members, and shall be an advocate for the profession within the industry, the government and the community at large.
- Advocates for design excellence
- Nurtures a global interior design community
- Maintains educational standards
- Responds to trends in business and design
- Provides superior information about interior design and related issues, using its own rapidly developing body of knowledge as a resource
WHO are IIDA’s members?
IIDA’s more than 10,000 members represent all levels and aspects of design, including:
- Professional members, who have fulfilled IIDA’s requirements for education, examination, and experience
- Associate members, who are just starting their careers
- Affiliate members, who represent related design disciplines such as landscape design or graphic design; and
- Student members
- Industry representatives and individuals