ASID Virginia and IIDA VAWV invite you to enter your projects in the annual “IDEA”s. The entries are judged by a panel of professionals who will represent all aspects of the design community, and the awards will be presented at the Design Awards Gala this coming Fall.
PROFESSIONAL CALL TO ENTRY
MISSION: To recognize outstanding interior design projects in our community.
- Participants may be individuals or design teams engaged in the practice of interior design; firm names will be recognized.
- The Designer and/or Firm must be in the Virginia / West Virginia area and the project can be out of state.
- The projects being entered must not have been previously published in national design trade magazines.
Each entry must represent a permanent installation completed no earlier than January 1, 2015.
- Firms and/or designers may submit more then one project and one project more than once in multiple categories; each project must be submitted as an individual entry.
- Success and creative response in meeting the client’s stated needs and objectives.
- Scale and proportion.
- Color composition.
- Effective use of lighting.
- Relationship of materials, textures, and patterns.
- Singular Space – Part of a larger residence such as a kitchen, bath, bedroom suite, or living room.
- Residence under 3,500 square feet – New or Renovated
- Residence over 3,500 square feet – New or Renovated
- Model Home/Show house – New or Renovated
- Multi-family Residential – Large scale housing including common spaces.
- Corporate under 35,000 square feet – Offices, business lobbies, financial institutions, etc.
- Corporate over 35,000 square feet – Offices, financial institutions, etc.
- Health Care under 15,000 square feet – Clinics, doctor’s offices, etc.
- Health Care over 15,000 square feet – Hospitals, clinics, doctor’s offices, birthing centers, medical office buildings, assisted living facilities.
- Hospitality – Hotels, restaurants, and resorts.
- Retail – Stores, wholesale showrooms, malls, theaters, and entertainment venues
- Government – Federal, state or local projects.
- Educational/Institutional – Museums, libraries, schools, day care centers.
A project that is on the historic register and/or efforts have been made to meet the Secretary of Interior Standards for Historic Preservation.
CERTIFIABLE SUSTAINABLE BUILDING:
Any project that has achieved LEED Certification, Green Globes, Earth Craft Homes or has applied and is awaiting certification.
This is a project that was designed but never built. Team is to submit sketches, finishes, drawings of the space as it was intended.
Any custom product designed and replicated for a design project, i.e. furniture, rug, casework, etc.
ENTRY REGISTRATION AND FEE’s:
Entry Fees are $100.00 for ASID and IIDA Members per entry, $125.00 for non-members per entry. Registration deadline is Wednesday, May 1, 2019.
An entry package will be emailed to you for each entry requested; deadline for submission of entries is Friday, May 31, 2019. All entries to be ELECTRONICALLY submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org, see kit for details.
STUDENT CALL TO ENTRY
We just need two things:
• One PDF document showcasing your favorite project. This competition is for ALL levels. Hand renderings or any program/tools welcomed as long as the submission is in clear, high resolution PDF format not exceeding 5MB. Must have a concept statement with key highlights applicable to your project. This is your chance to sell us your project! The document can contain as many pages as you want but just combine them into one PDF file for final submission.
Visuals might include a floor plan, hand or digital renderings, elevations, materials and furniture selections, quick sketches, lighting plans etc. Your concept statement may be supported by evidence based design research, sustainability aspects, ADA Accessibility, health/wellness, project objectives, challenges, key design solutions and applications, space planning theories etc. DO NOT include any personal or school information on your submission PDF. Winners to be displayed and awarded at the ASID/IIDA IDEAS Gala in Richmond, VA in September 2019. (Winners will be notified to submit high resolution files for awards presentation.)
• One Concealed ID and Publicity Release Form. You will receive this form when you register at the link below. This must be emailed as a separate file to keep your information private during jury process.
Deadline: Competition begins March 15th, 2019. First entry FREE for ASID and IIDA Members!
Visit https://2019-student-ideas.eventbrite.com by May 1st to register. Submissions for final review due by May 31st, 2019. Winners will have the opportunity to network with design professionals this Fall at the Gala.
Email submissions and questions to email@example.com You must include your project title and your entry submission number in the subject line of the email. If your submission is a group project, ALL group members names and contact information must be provided on the Concealed ID and Publicity Release form.
*IMPORTANT*: Do not disclose your identity or school anywhere on the Project PDF File. This will result in disqualification from the competition.
Please note that by entering the competition, you are (i) representing that you hold all original copyrights to the materials submitted or that you have obtained written permission from the copyright owner to submit these materials; (ii) representing that the materials submitted do not infringe on the intellectual property or proprietary rights of any third party; (iii) granting the Virginia Chapter of ASID (“ASID Chapter”), the Virginia/West Virginia Chapter of IIDA (“IIDA Chapter), and its media partners a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty free right and license to copy, reproduce, perform, display, prepare derivative works from, and distribute publicly all of your submitted materials in both print and digital format for any purpose whatsoever; and (iv) agreeing to indemnify and hold the ASID, the ASID Chapter, IIDA, IIDA Chapter, and their respective officers, directors, and employees harmless from and against any claims and damages (including reasonable attorneys fees and expenses) that ASID, the ASID Chapter, IIDA, and/or the IIDA Chapter incurs by reason of or arising out of a breach of any of your representations, the Chapter’s use of your submitted materials and/or your license grant.