ASID and IIDA invite you to enter your projects in the annual “IDEA” s. The entries are judged by a panel of professionals who will represent all aspects of the design community, and the awards will be presented at the Design Awards Gala in October.
- To recognize outstanding interior design projects in our community.
- Participants may be individuals or design teams engaged in the practice of interior design; firm names will be recogniz
- The Designer and/or Firm must be in the Virginia / West Virginia area and the project can be out of
- The projects being entered must not have been previously published in national design trade
- Each entry must represent a permanent installation completed no earlier than January 1,
- Firms and/or designers may submit more then one project and one project more than once in multiple categories; each project must be submitted as an individual
- Success and creative response in meeting the client’s stated needs and
- Scale and
- Effective use of
- Relationship of materials, textures, and
- Singular Space – Part of a larger residence such as a kitchen, bath, bedroom suite, or living room.
- Residence under 3,500 square feet – New or Renovated
- Residence over 3,500 square feet – New or Renovated
- Model Home/Show house – New or Renovated
- Multi-family Residential – Large scale housing including common
- Corporate under 35,000 square feet – Offices, business lobbies, financial institutions,
- Corporate over 35,000 square feet – Offices, financial institutions,
- Health Care under 15,000 square feet – Clinics, doctor’s offices, etc.
- Health Care over 15,000 square feet – Hospitals, clinics, doctor’s offices, birthing centers, medical office buildings, assisted living facilities.
- Hospitality – Hotels, restaurants, and
- Retail – Stores, wholesale showrooms, malls, theaters, and entertainment
- Government – Federal, state or local
- Educational/Institutional – Museums, libraries, schools, day care
- HISTORIC PRESERVATION:
- A project that is on the historic register and/or efforts have been made to meet the Secretary of Interior Standards for Historic
- CERTIFIABLE SUSTAINABLE BUILDING:
- Any project that has achieved LEED Certification, Green Globes, Earth Craft Homes or has applied and is awaiting
- UNBUILT PROJECTS:
- This is a project that was designed but never Team is to submit sketches, finishes, drawings of the space as it was intended.
- Any custom product designed and replicated for a design project, e. furniture, rug, casework, etc.
ENTRY REGISTRATION AND FEE’s:
- Entry Fees are $100.00 for ASID and IIDA Members per entry, $125.00 for non-members per
- Go to http://ideas2015.eventbrite.com to register for entry kits and pay entry fee’s. All entry information to be completed on the Eventbrite website. Fees are not Registration deadline is Monday April 27, 2015.
- An entry package will be emailed to you for each entry requested; deadline for submission of entries is Monday June 1, All entries to be ELECTRONICALLY submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org, see kit for details.
- Please direct all questions you may have to email@example.com .
Please note that by entering the competition, you are (i) representing that you hold all original copyrights to the materials submitted or that you have obtained written permission from the copyright owner to submit these materials; (ii) representing that the materials submitted do not infringe on the intellectual property or proprietary rights of any third party;
(iii) granting the Virginia Chapter of ASID (“ASID Chapter”), the Virginia/West Virginia Chapter of IIDA (“IIDA Chapter), and its media partners a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty free right and license to copy, reproduce, perform, display, prepare derivative works from, and distribute publicly all of your submitted materials in both print and digital format for any purpose whatsoever; and (iv) agreeing to indemnify and hold the ASID, the ASID Chapter, IIDA, IIDA Chapter, and their respective officers, directors, and employees harmless from and against any claims and damages (including reasonable attorneys fees and expenses) that ASID, the ASID Chapter, IIDA, and/or the IIDA Chapter incurs by reason of or arising out of a breach of any of your representations, the Chapter’s use of your submitted materials and/or your license grant.